Helpful Tips Prior to the Move
- Clean off all soil & debris from outdoor furniture, planters, shoes, sporting equipment, bikes
- Thaw freezer and allow to dry well in advance of the move
- Disconnect all appliances and electronics
- Dispose of hazardous waste
- Reserve piano tuning or furniture refinishing until after your move
- Complete valued inventory for transit protection
- Submit customs forms including photocopy of passport/visa and vehicle documents
- Provide your new contact details to AMJ Campbell International
Helpful Tips for Moving Day
Plan your day(s) so that you are at your residence throughout the packing and loading.
- Children and pets may be uncomfortable with the disruption at home and are oftentimes happier elsewhere.
- Let the crew know if certain items should be dismantled or packed last (i.e., beds if you are staying overnight). Ensure towels used on your last day are thoroughly dried (and not forgotten in the dryer) before being packed.
- The movers will number each piece and prepare a packing list for each component of your move. It is your responsibility to review this thoroughly to ensure the right articles are included in the correct shipment. A copy will be provided which requires your signature.
- A vehicle condition report will be prepared noting existing damage and the odometer reading. This must be signed by you and a copy will be provided.
- Before the movers leave, take one last sweep through the house to make sure nothing has been left behind. Check all rooms, closets, the attic, the basement and cupboards. It is important to remember that any items left at the old residence are not insured under our policy.
Helpful Tips for Delivery Day
The most important aspect of the delivery is to ensure all goods are received.
- As the items are carried into your new house, check them off on your copy of the packing list noting which cartons were unpacked by the mover.
- Missing or damaged items should be clearly noted on the delivery documents and signed by you and the crew foreman. This is critical should a claim be submitted.
- If you are taking possession of a vehicle, inspect it car carefully and note any change in the condition on the delivery documents at the time of delivery.